The exit level 18 sign is a braille and tactile exit signage that indicates a path to safety and an entrance for help.
The exit level 18 sign allows the occupants in an enclosed building to find the exit or emergency egress route in case of an emergency situation. All commercial, retail and residential development buildings should have this signage installed following the Building Code of Australia (BCA).
All signs are manufactured from PVC to a depth of 3mm
• All signs are injection moulded so that all graphics are of a continuous nature for hygiene purposes as set out in Building Code of Australia BCA section D3.6
• Moulded signs mean that adhesive failure on symbol, letters and braille dots is impossible which in turn extends the life of each sign
• Sign sizes are 180mm x 50mm x 3mm
• Silver signs are coated with a micro metallic silver acrylic lacquer to give the appearance of clear anodized aluminium
• Tactile character & symbols have a minimum 30% luminance–contrast with the background
• Complies with The Building Code of Australia (Section D3.6)
• Complies with Design for Access and Mobility (AS1428.1-2011)
• Complies with Public Information Symbol Signs (AS2899.1-1986)